Week of June 30th

Good evening, all!  I hope you have been enjoying the Olympic rowing races, but have also kept active during this.  Perhaps we need to come up with an exercise game to go with watching the olympics? How 10 scullers for every “uninformed” comment done by olympic commentators?  or 10 jumpies every time a previous race is mentioned (ie, Beijing, Athens, Atlanta)— 20 every time they mention the games at Atlanta (1996)

Anywho- we’re into the last month before Bryn Mawr arrivals.  I hope you’ve all had productive summers.  Currently, Vanessa and Lina are experiencing surgery recovery–  Both say things are going well (hurrah- good news!)  Let’s keep our eye on the prize, and stay focused right into August 31st- can’t wait to see you all!

If anyone here is secretly dreaming of making the Olympics, I can tell you exactly how to do it, two words: Sustained Obsession. The obsession isn’t so hard. But keeping it sustained is a tough nut to crack. A heart-felt enemy can go a long way to sustaining your obsession. Love your enemy.” – Brad Alan Lewis

3 comments to Week of June 30th

• Julie Mazz

Hi Everyone!

Last week I ran on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I can’t remember which was which, but they were all between 3-6 miles. I also found a big flat rock that I can use for box jumps at the end of my runs. On Friday, I used the gym at the athletic club that my grandparents belong to, and erged for the first time since…December. Yeah, I know. But the gym in London didn’t have real ergs. Anyway, I also got to meet a girl who rowed for Williams, who was doing weights at the same time as me.

(Happy birthday Anna!)

• Rachel Hager

Hey y’all,
    I’ve been following the schedule and such as I keep increasing my weights and decreasing my running time. The running goal is to get back to what I was running when I was applying to West Point a year and a half ago now (how time flys!) which was under 7 minutes for a mile and under 15 minutes for two miles.
    Hope everyone is having a great summer!
    Only three weeks and a bit left until the return to Bryn Mawr! : )
    Rachel

• Vivian C

Hey all! I have returned to the States and will be resuming workouts at home. I’ve been doing a lot of hiking these past weeks and last week I took a hike up to Machu Picchu and got there just in time to see the sunrise. I’ve also been running 2 miles every other day and will add on more core workouts for this upcoming week. Hope all is well!